Sunday, September 30, 2007

Some Changes of Plan and Tentative Flight Information

On Friday I met with my adviser for Field Education. In case I haven't explained yet, as part of the Masters of Divinity program students are required to do a minimum of two field education experiences: either two year long placements or one year long placement and one summer placement, and one of those placements must be in a church. During my meeting with my Field Ed adviser, I discussed my options for my placements, and during that meeting my plans may have changed a bit.

Originally, I was planning on doing a summer church placement and then doing a year long placement at a university involved in some sort of teaching position as a teaching assistant or something similar. I was not planning on doing a CPE (clinical pastoral experience). After my meeting, I will probably end up doing a CPE. Though I'm not in the ordination process, I am trying to fulfill ordination requirements as much as possible, and the CPE is one of the big requirements. So I am planning to apply to the Arcadia Methodist Hospital CPE program; I contacted one of the supervisors during the weekend to find out more information. When I have a little more time I will give some more details on the field education placements I am hoping to do.

I also have tentative flight plans. I haven't ordered tickets yet, but I have them on hold and most likely will be purchasing them in the next 24 hours. Here are the details:

Midwest Airlines
12/22
Depart from Newark 5:45 p.m. to Milwaukee 7:00 p.m.
Depart from Milwaukee 8:00 p.m. to LAX 10:14 p.m.

01/11
Depart from LAX 11:15 p.m. to Milwaukee 4:44 a.m.
Depart from Milwaukee 7:35 a.m. to Newark 10:45 a.m.

I was able to find that for under $400, and that's about all that's left under $400 so I think that will ultimately be my flight information, but I will keep everyone updated.

No comments: