Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Time of Rest

This week has been quite a busy week. I was spending some intimate time with Augustine's Confessions, Stanley Hauerwas in numerous articles, and John Calvin's Institutes of the Christian Religion. Some light reading. ;-) On top of that, I've been translating the Epistle to the Hebrews, and writing a response to Augustine. It has been a tough week.

On top of that, I was continuing to wrestle over International Field Education and whether I wanted to pursue that opportunity. Yesterday, I submitted my application to the Field Education office, and so it is, for the time being, out of my hands. We will see how things progress, and it is possible that I will not hear anything for some time. But I will continue to pray about it and struggle with it. We'll see what happens.

Though the past couple week have been tough, next week is Reading Week. It is a week with no classes designed to give us time to catch up with our reading, but also to have a time of rest and regain our strength as we head into midterms and the end of the semester.

I can't believe that I am already almost halfway through the semester. There is only a month and a half of the semester left, and I feel like I have hardly settled in. But it is quite an adventure, and I am enjoying ride ... and the upcoming week of rest. =)

1 comment:

Matthew Parker said...

Have a good reading week!