Monday, September 15, 2008

Updates on Classes

Well, I really won't be able to tell you how my classes are going to be until the end of Wednesday. The reason why? I now only have classes on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. And of those classes, only two of them are "real." Here is a complete list of my classes for those who are interested:

Introduction to Preaching - Dr. Sally Brown, Tuesday: 8:30-10:20 am, Thursday: 2:00 - 3:50 pm
Minister and Mental Illness - Dr. Donald Capps, Wednesday: 8:30 - 11:20 am
Children's Ministry Practicum - Alison Young, Wednesday 5:30 - 6:30 pm
Thesis Project: Is the West Beyond Salvation? - Dr. John Flett
Field Education Placement: Academic Year

My practicum is basically a time when a group of six students sit down to have dinner and talk about children's ministry. I only get 1 unit for the whole year for taking it so it's not really a "real" class. I set my schedule for my thesis and don't have any official meeting times; it's more like directed research, so that's not really "real" either. So Preaching and Minister and Mental Illness are my only "real" classes, and those shouldn't be too intense. So it is going to be a very relaxed, slow paced semester most likely. That will be great for doing research and writing for my thesis, so I have no qualms about that. It looks like it should be a pretty interesting semseter - and fairly uncluttered.

1 comment:

Matthew Parker said...

That sound pretty nice. Good luck with the thesis.