Friday, September 5, 2008

Great news!

When I went to register earlier during the summer, I really wanted to take a preaching class with one particular professor. But I forgot that when I went to register at 9 AM, it was noon on the East Coast, meaning I was registering three hours after the bulk of the students. So all the preaching classes were full. I registered for other classes, and since there was no waiting list or expanding of the class size, I was resigned to taking preaching with another professor in the spring.

Tonight I needed to juggle my schedule a bit, so I decided I'd go through all the classes available to see what I could switch to. And, lo and behold, 1 spot was open in one of the preaching classes! It does mean that I will have class on Tuesday and Thursday now, but all of my classes will now be in the middle of the day or in the morning, when I'm usually lazy anyway. It also gives me a little less time to work on my thesis for long dedicated periods of time, but I think that will end up being a blessing rather than a curse. So I will get to take my preaching class with one of the better preaching professors on campus, I'll get it out of the way during my first semester, and I think my schedule will end up being a little more productive. I'm feeling a little better about my schedule now, and I trust that this semester will be better than I was originally anticipating.

1 comment:

Caleb Henry said...

Haha, that is good news. I still cant get into a preaching class. oh well. when are you coming out here? I was wondering if you are coming on the day when Ohio State takes on USC? Should be a good game