Monday, March 17, 2008

Back in Princeton

I'm back in Princeton, though it seems I must always have some sort of travel difficulty in order for my trips home to be complete. My flight was delayed by about an hour in Burbank, and because of the winds, we had to take a runway that caused us to carry less fuel. We had to stop in Las Vegas for a refueling stop before we could make our way to the East Coast. And as we passed over Kansas we ran into some rough turbulence, which woke me up. I didn't get much sleep, and my back and legs are reminding me that that sleep wasn't very restful anyway.

Thankfully once I got into NY it was smooth sailing from there. I made it to each of the stations just in time to catch a train that was just leaving. So I hit the subway immediately after getting off the plane, made the connection in Penn Station quickly enough to catch the express train back to Princeton, and caught the Dinky back to campus just in time to make it to my first class in the morning. I ended up in Princeton about two hours later than I was hoping, but perhaps that was a blessing in surprise. Time will tell.

Other than that, this day has let me hit the ground running. I had to give a speech this afternoon, which considering I had essentially been up for about 27 hours straight I did surprisingly well on. I had left the speech at home in CA, so I had to get a fresh copy from my professor, which meant all my markings and cues I had to reinsert. But I pulled it off, only stumbling over a few words.

For now I'm going to head to bed. I may have some important news coming later this week, but all of that in due time. For now, it's time to recuperate.

No comments: