Friday, April 25, 2008

Offically Done! Part 1

I am officially done with my first year ... of classes. Of course, I'll be much happier when I am officially done with my finals exams of my first year, but all things in their due time. For now, I am very happy to say I survived my first year of classes. In some ways they have been exactly what I was expecting; in other ways they have been a bit disappointing. But that is part of the experience, and thankfully spring has been a much a better semester than fall.

The year has been winding down rather nicely. I feel comfortable with where I will be during the summer. I am glad that I am starting to follow through with and will continue to pursue projects that will help me discern my vocation. I think starting the ordination process and working on a thesis will be good ways to keep myself actively thinking about where God is calling me.

I'm also really happy with where I will be next year. The new curriculum is going to be much more conducive to learning, and it will give me more time get deeply into my reading material. I'll be moving into a different dorm and room that is quite a bit bigger than my current room (it will give me about 32 sq. ft more than what I currently have) and it will move me closer to the center of campus. It will also allow me to keep more at school and less to ship home. Just a great situation all around.

Finals are coming soon, but in the mean time I am enjoying my last two weeks at Princeton before heading home for the summer. I had a surprise visit today from one of my old professors, Michael Bruner, who was in the area for a conference. It was great to see him again and having a chance to talk about the end of my first year. A good distraction from my endless reading and writing as well. Speaking of which, I should probably get back to it. Too much to do in too little time.

No comments: