Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I am very excited to annouce...

that I can watch up to 6 baseball games at one time!

OK, not really (though I am really excited about that).

I have been almost two months to make this announcement and the pieces have finally fallen into place to make it work. I will be coming home this summer and working at La Crescenta Presbyterian Church as an intern for my summer field education placement! This placement has taken some time to put into place but it has definitely come together because of God's good graces. I was convinced that I would be struggling to find a job that I wouldn't really want to do for the summer or sitting around jobless, but God opened this door in a huge way and everything fell into place. Here's basically how it worked out.

Back in February, I wanted to know if there were any CA church placements available, so I asked my field ed advisor for any sites that were available. For whatever reasons (God's direction probably) La Crescenta stood out. It's a nice city, I have family that lives there, and it's close to home. So I checked out the website and e-mailed the pastor to introduce myself. Turns out the pastor 1) went to my high school (graduating in the 70s) 2) was a member of the marching band 3) went to my church's youth group at that time and 4) knew very during that time a person who would become one of my mentors while I was at APU. He has two PTS grads working for him, one the spiritual director (worship leader), the other the youth director. They have some great outreach programs and other events that are focused on mission. It looked like a great fit. I visited the church while I was back for spring break, and met with the pastor and the spiritual director. At that point, it was simply a matter of funding, so I couldn't make any official announcements. And today I found out that everything had settled into place, and I received an official offer.

I'm really excited. I'm basically going to have a hand in every part of the church I can. It will be a great intro to life as a pastor, an experience that will be very helpful. So now everyone can know. =) Like I said, I have been wanting to announce this for awhile, so I'm glad I can finally tell everybody.

No comments: