Thursday, February 28, 2008

Anne Lamott

I went to see Anne Lamott tonight at the local Barnes and Noble. That was very cool. I read "Traveling Mercies" in college by her and thought it was very insightful, even if I didn't agree with her on every point. If you haven't heard of her, she's a popular writer and novelist. She's a Christian but a very rough-around-the-edges Christian. A feminist but not a super crazy feminist. She has some powerful things to say about Christianity and what it should look like. Very exciting opportunity. I got a couple of books signed by her and had my picture taken with her, which I'll post at some point (they're on my phone right now). If you're wondering what books she's written the link is below: I've read "Traveling Mercies," and also own "Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith" and "Bird by Bird."

Anne Lamott's books

No comments: