Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Off and Running

It's only Tuesday, but I've already been to all of my classes this semester. For the first time since I've been here, I am really excited about all of my classes. This will be a little easier than other semesters, in that I'm only taking two classes plus an independent study. I will have a January short term class on Issues in the Theology of Scripture, which should be great as well. I think what makes this semester a little different is that I really enjoy all the professors I have. I've had one of them before, and the other I've heard nothing but good things. Here are the two classes I'm taking:

Introduction to Prophetic Literature - Jeremy Hutton (had this prof for Hebrew)
Ethics and the Problem of Evil (John Bowlin, has been great so far)

I also have my teaching ministry internship in West Chester, PA, which should also be a great experience. I'll be teaching at least four classes, one on World Religions, and I'll most likely be doing a repeat of my class on Fantasy Literature, with tweaks.

I'm still not quite ready to be out here again, but I'm determined to get things going. You'd think that after two years I'd finally have this transition down, yet I think this has been the hardest year to transition back to school. But, it's one last year, and before I know it, it's going to be over. I am hoping to do quite a bit this year off campus, explore a bit more than I have in previous years, and really take advantage of being on the East Coast as much as possible. We'll see how I do at accomplishing that goal.

More to come later.

1 comment:

Jin-roh said...

Imagine that.... Jeff taking a class on the problem of evil *chuckles*