Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Passing Comments

Just a few simple words that float by typically unnoticed at the time have a knack at sticking to one's mind. Walking between classes with a former professor, it managed to sneak in and I barely caught it at the time. This could be the last 8 months I ever spend this close to my family. It's a notion that had not crossed my thinking in the past week, and it was only a passing comment, but little things are just the right size to creep into the back of person's head and grow for awhile.

I wish I had the mettle to be more open and honest with those that I care about. I wish I had the strength to risk even when the odds are against me. And wishful thinking can lead to despair, but sometimes it's the catalyst to start change. Timing is also important; that is harder to discern. Part of me wants to risk it all while the rest isn't ready to give that up yet. Familiar territory being explored again.

No comments: